Thursday, April 13, 2017

The INKredible Adventures of Drawboy #26


"You are what you draw and each drawing is an image of you".
DrawBoy is originally a title I gave myself when people asked what my job was at the advertising agency I used to work at. The name kind of grew on me because it describes the craft of drawing in it's purest form. This was and is the craft I love and it is my favourite meditation and expression.
So DrawBoy is my superhero and alter ego. He tries to catch as many impressions as possible, stack them in his memory and merge them into visuals and concepts. It all starts with the simple pencil and the white surface of the paper or whatever media you choose.
"So go chase those images and make them your own. Consuming and creating images are the most sustainable type of consumption you can imagine"

No comments:

Post a Comment